Friday, November 19, 2010
"Tummy Time"
Today: Jobe and I had a little fun on the floor. He's getting stronger day by day, and I can tell he really wants to move, even though he's only 3 months old. He does this thing where he tries to get on his knees and scoot, but hasn't figured out yet that he needs his arms. :) I can't believe how much he's grown! And all that parents' marvel and bla bla...Hehe. I love him.
Today: All three of us went to visit a couple of friends' 2 week old baby girl...The sweetest little girl I've ever seen. She was so tiny, I almost didn't believe she weighed almost 8 lbs at birth. I imagine that's how tiny I was when born; maybe even smaller looking. Being born a month early = weighing 5 lbs in my case.
Switching gears: I formulated an idea in my head- like a string of dominos that toppled over; that human beings' obsessions with "stuff" and material goods may stem back to the early years, when tools became prevalent in daily life. This idea came to mind while seeing how excited Jobe gets when he sees his favorite toys. Like so many things with the technological advance of our society however, the instinctual desire for "tools" (stuff) has blimped out, become over-indulgent and unnecessary. Just like our cravings for foods rich in calories and fat...Which can be traced back to our ancient ancestors' need for random treasures of high calorie food that was necessary for survival. WELL. We don't really need that double cheeseburger in order to survive any more eh? FOOD for thought :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
LOVE the pictures. he has your eyes. big and blue. miss you!
ReplyDeleteI miss you tooooo......oooo
ReplyDelete